Thursday, October 9, 2008

...too early in morning

I just had a weird but cool (but still really weird) dream a few minutes ago. Maybe listening to a single song again and again(which was, I have to say, accidentally set on repeat mode until I drowsed off) have some effects on my brain. And despite me wanting to go back to sleep badly, the dream just bugs my mind so much I can't even stand lie still in my bed for a minute. So I decided to work on my English long test an hour earlier than what I had planned.
(I'm trying to be productive here.)

It's actually the first time I read the questions, and I realized this are essay questions, as in the REAL ones. And by real, I mean the essay that needs your brain to really think of your opinion hard and defend it and all, and not just those that requires elaborate brief and concise explanations on an already defined topic. So yeah, I'm in trouble. I don't think I can do something good today while my brain is still wandering of to think of what dream I just had.

And as a proof to what I had just said, here's my answer to number 8. (Write a poem about a topic related to poverty.):

COINS

Cling, cling, cling.
Coins clinging and a-clashing,
Coins that shake in a cup
For a little child's living.
In filthy rags,
In sullied shoes,
Children walk the muddy streets
In search of coins they could use.
Running down in alleys,
Scampering like mice
Do boys and girls beg for coins
For everything now has a price.
Aching grinding stomachs,
Dehydrated mouths
Drives the innocence out of a child
In pursuit of coins from north to south.
Small hopes and simple dreams
Shattered and have gone astray
In a shanty where they count the coins
That big people had thrown away.
Cling, cling, cling.
Coins clinging and a-clashing,
Coins that shake in a cup
For a little child's living.

So yeah. It's just plain crap that went inside my head. But I have no other choice but to submit this along with two more answers which I haven't even started on.

Christmas Countdown:
It's 77 days before Christmas!
I wonder what gifts I'd be receiving. :D

1 comment:

♥..ianne said...

ngayon ko lang narealize na ang pangit pala talaga ng poem ko. heheh. :D