Sunday, October 19, 2008

...my not-so-boring not-so-fun sembreak

Isolation. That's how I felt when our internet was broke for a whole week. And with no classes, I have nothing else to do but stare at the ceiling and daydream. For six days, I only had 5 things in mind - sleep, eat, read, watch, sleep. Here's what I did while waiting for the Retreat.

Saturday - I overslept and found myself alone in the house. They all left for the mall and left me behind, thinking I need to get more sleep and rest. I scavenged for some food in the cabinet, opened my laptop and found out that the internet's not working. I ended up grabbing Memoirs of a Geisha and started reading it.

Sunday - My college cousins are having their sembreak (as in the real 3 week kind of sembreak) so we hitched a ride with my tito and tita who went to Clark to shop for something. Afterwards, we went home not in Metro Manila but in the province. Home, sweet home. It's been 5 months since the last time I've been in Dagupan. I never knew my little brother brought 2 cute guinea pigs who now have a cuter baby. And boya are they fat! What I also missed was my favorite teddy bear I had 15 years now. Oh, how I hugged him so tight!

Monday - As much as I really really really REALLY want to, I wasn't able to go to the Camia reunion since I'm 5 hours away from Trinoma. Aww, I really feel so bad. I miss them so much but feel helpless knowing not how to commute from Dagupan to Manila. Instead, I continue reading Memoirs.

Tuesday - I originally planned to do STR today and realized that I left some of the papers back at the dorm. So I had a hard time re-planning our research all over again. I hate my too-forgetful brain!

Wednesday - Continue cramming STR. I managed to ask my lil bro to go with me and find a nearby internet cafe to submit it. Of course he agreed. He was able to play and surf the net as well. But we didn't stay to long. You know how internet cafes are. A lot of guys shouting while playong DotA and stuff. I got irritated at a boy sitting near my brother who told a hundred words of profanities and curses.

Thursday - There's nothing left to do. I continued reading Memoirs. Late at night, I started packing my stuff for tomorrow. We'd be leaving early to catch up the 12 noon assemby time.

Friday, Saturday, Sunday - That's a whole new different story.

Christmas Countdown:
It's 67 days before Christmas!
'Tis the season to be jolly!

No comments: