Thursday, September 4, 2008

...you have to do something when you're bored

You just have to. Inspiration struck me as I lay awake in my bed for almost an hour so early in the morning, trying to get back to sleep. I opened my laptop, double-clicked notepad and started typing random stuff until I realized I was able to come up with a rather silly little poem.

~~
Unlabeled, I Am

I ran through the grassy hills,
Wind whiplashing gently on my cheeks
Murmuring faintly in my ears
As I rush through the verdant meadow.
And what beauty does this world
So mightily possess!
Swaying with the wind, I dance --
Dance and frolic all around
Where butter-colored dandelions
And azure forget-me-nots lay.
Ah! What splendor does this world
So wonderfully possess!
Jades and emeralds draping down
On trees spiced up with glaring jewels,
Where birds twitter and cheep
As they sing for me a melodic dance.
Oh! What glory does this world
So breathtakingly possess!
~~


So, yeah. It's VERY corny and VERY stupid. Sorry. But I have nothing else to say.

*Time check: It only 5:09am! What? I still want to sleep.

No comments: