Tuesday, September 30, 2008

...flames

Seven hours ago, I felt what seem to me the scariest thing that ever happened in Pisay. Nope, I haven't seen a ghost or something supernatural. It's something more real.

Who would have though that my once weird dream of long ago of having a school on fire would actually come true? It was scary. So scary.


I woke up at around 1:45 am. Crap. I fell asleep rereading KGW. I tried to look for the page where I last got off when I heard the dorm manager announcing something. At first I was indifferent to what she was saying. Who would listen to someone paging at that time. I thought she was even sleep-talking or something. But then I heard a siren and heard the word 'fire'. Gosh. So there is something to be fussing about after all. The sirens weren't too loud for me to hear so I thought the fire was happening outside of Pisay, probably across the street. Although I tried so hard to not mind what's happening and continuue reading, I could really feel my heart beat fast. I prayed. "Please keep us all safe, and let nothing harm us." At around 2:30, I heard a good news. The fire was already in control. I felt relieved. I went back to sleep.

Early morning, I saw a message in my phone. " Nagkasunog dito sa Pisay sa SHB, hindi sure kung tuloy perio bukas." What?! I was shocked for two reasons. Yes, no classes, no tests! I haven't studied for Chem. And no! Pisay's burned! Where? How? Why?

A few minutes later, it's official. No classes.

The fire was reported to have started at the 2nd floor of the said SHB building, and some have been pointing at the Faculty Room and the Registrar's Office as the most damaged.

But how? But why?

No comments: