Saturday, September 6, 2008

...in three months

”The difference between try and triumph is only just an ‘umph’.”
-Sir Chuckie

Wanting to get more some sleep, I jumped in on my bed the very moment I reached my room. I closed my eyes and tried to take a siesta, but the more I concentrate, the more my weariness comes off. So I rummaged through my drawer and found nothing but spare plastic bags, two Nestea bottles and pieces of paper with Chem, Math, and Physics equations written all over – trinkets of the past quarter.

What have I now after a quarter had passed? Academically speaking, I got a failing grade in Math4, a low, low grade in Bio2 and Chem2, an okay-grade in Physics and STR, and fair grades in the Humanities subjects. Ah, but who cares? Grades don’t comprise the entirety of my life. So really, after almost three months, what I’ve got are the following: shorter hair, bulging eye bags, piled-up homeworks, a sublimed brain, more friends, a crazier mind, a long test in Bio, homework in Chem, reflection paper for Fil, and a whole lot more of requirements coming up. Aagh! And I haven’t started yet! What a life!

~ ~ ~

So anyway, today’s family day, but my family didn’t really show up. Aside from me not totally wanting them to go, they are busy with some stuff, and couldn’t travel four hours just to see me and my low grades. I don’t mind, really. It’s not a big deal for me.

The family day itself wasn’t that fun when compared to what had happened two years ago. In my opinion, that is. I’m not quite sure if it was because the games were held by house and not by batch (when there is a not-so-obvious but still existing competition among the batches *ehem*Batch2010*ehem*2011*ehem*). So the two batch games were more of a hit than the two house games. Batch 2010 still holds the Championship title for Pass the Hoop, but 2009 (?) won the Cramming Time. I didn’t really care who won in the other two house games. The food they served for the batch lunch in ASTB was better compared to the previous two years (although I am still frustrated I didn’t have mashed potato as side dish). Aside from the not-so-long PTA announcements and raffle promo from Kenny Roger’s, the Dikum performances were shown as part of a short program.

I’m planning to start working on my Chem, but I’m guessing I wouldn’t be able to do so. Oh well. As the famous Pisay quote says, “Everything is crammable under the heat of the sun.”

No comments: